If you must store your pressure washer in a location where the temperature is below 32°F, you can minimize the chance of damage to your machine by utilizing the following procedure:
- Shut off the water supply and relieve pressure in the spray gun by depressing the trigger.
- Disconnect the garden hose from the pressure washer, but leave the high-pressure hose connected.
- Tip the unit on its side with the inlet connection pointing up.
- Insert a small funnel (to prevent spilling) into the inlet and pour in a 50/50 solution of antifreeze and water.
- Disconnect spark plug wire.
- Without connecting the garden hose, pull the recoil several times to circulate the antifreeze in the pump system.
- Continue to add antifreeze and pull the recoil until the antifreeze is expelled when the trigger is pulled.
- Turn the unit upright.